Job title: Office Manager
Location: Leeds office
Reports to: MD
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
The primary purpose of the Office Manager is to support the MD and Senior Management Team (SMT) in the day-to-day operations of the business, lead on HR responsibilities and related administration, and carry out line management duties of the Marketing Apprentice.
- To effectively administer the HR function, including staff recruitment, contracts and job offers, to manage and coordinate staff inductions and respond to reference requests, and ensure that HR policies are kept up to date reflecting current legislation and best practice, liaising with legal counsel where required.
- The accurate maintenance of HR records including sickness and absence, training, and continuous professional development.
- Line management of the Marketing Apprentice, checking social media posts and other marketing initiatives for content and accuracy.
- To assist in the preparation for and attend SMT and related meetings; produce accurate, succinct minutes; to ensure appropriate follow up to agreed actions.
- To manage and coordinate the company activities in maintaining and developing quality accreditations.
- To record and collate customer feedback, including the monitoring, assessing, and reporting of compliments and complaints.
- To organise and manage wellbeing initiatives and staff related events.
- To effectively communicate with staff members and work as part of the team ensuring the continued teamwork within the Company.
- To effectively research options for services and suppliers for the company, and liaise with appointed suppliers, as and when required.
- To support business in day-to-day administration tasks. This will include maintaining accurate records, sending out emails, managing multiple email inboxes and being flexible with various admin tasks, as and when they arise.
- To monitor personal progress and performance on a continuous basis making every effort possible to meet targets.
- To focus on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses and to actively participate in agreed personal development opportunities.
- Ability to be analytical, knowledgeable, and organised with a proactive attitude and strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to build a rapport and good working relationships
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced business environment.
- A high level of organisational skills and the ability to deal and work with others as part of an extended and multi-disciplined team.
- Proactive and uses initiative to provide innovative solutions.
- Able to effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external parties at all levels.
- Computer literate in all aspects of MS Office and with an aptitude for using computer-based systems and techniques.
- Able to effectively multi-task and prioritise differing workloads independently and as part of a team.
- Lead by example and share the company’s vision.
Salary and Benefits
- £27,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5pm – 1 hour for lunch
- Day holiday for Birthday, plus an additional 25 days + stats = 34 days per annum
- Pension Scheme