Title Learner Support Coach – Supported Internships
Reference : LCSI
A supported internship is a study programme specifically aimed at young people aged 16 to 24 who have with learning difficulties and/or disabilities who want to move into employment but extra support to do so. The primary role of the Learner Coach will be to deliver an innovative person centred employment programme that will help interns gain practical skills to help them to secure paid employment.
Due to the nature of the business you will be required to have a flexible and adaptable approach. The role will require a blended delivery approach to support interns, including face to face in our Cheshire centres, remote delivery and in the host employer’s workplace.
We will provide you with all the equipment you need and we have great support teams on hand to enable you to work remotely.
This post is offered on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week. Due to the nature of this post you must be willing to travel.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Planning, delivery and assessment of a work-based employability curriculum
- Creating personalised learning plans with clear links between workplace and non-workplace learning which will enable the internees to become competent in work skills and successful in their placement.
- Facilitate pre-placement and on the job training
- Engage with employers to secure placement and negotiating opportunities for paid employment
- Undertake job brokering, job carving and negotiate job descriptions that meet employer needs and match to the skills and abilities of internees
- Provide the host employer and relevant employees with information, training and guidance to facilitate them to become confident in working with and supporting internees to carry out their duties
- Use central systems to track and monitor the interns progression towards their individual success measures
- Be the first point of call if issues or problems that arise and negotiating solutions advocating for the intern if required
|Qualifications, Experience & Skills
· Experience of mentoring & coaching, particularly in relation to learners with learning difficulties and disabilities.
· Experience of supporting learning in a workplace or associated work-related activity
· Experience of working with young people with learning difficulties and disabilities in an educational setting.
· An understanding of Training in Systematic Instruction (TSI) – a specific approach is a to teaching vocational skills
· Experience of person centre planning
· Experience of working with Interns
· SEN qualification / Coaching / Assessor / Teaching Qualifications
· Maths and English at level 2 or willing to work towards
· Fully flexible working pattern– responsibility for planning your own diary
· Salary £20K to £22K and guaranteed car allowance £3,750 per annum paid monthly into salary
· Mileage paid
· 26 days holiday + stats per annum (4 must be used for Christmas close down)
· Death in Service Benefit
Equipment provided – laptop, mobile
· Blended delivery model which includes working from home, centres and face to face on site visits
· Development opportunities through our own in-house programmes and recognised qualifications