Job title: Head of Employability
Location: Home based / Leeds office – mixture of at home and in the office is offered if preferable
Reports to: MD
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
The role of Head of Employability primary purpose is to lead and manage a team of Employment Advisors (EAs) to meet engagement, starts on programme, completion of support and progression into, and sustainment of, employment targets across range of funded employability and training contracts across Yorkshire.
The role will involve managing resources, including administration staff, to make sure EA’s bring in eligible and suitable out of work participants and by providing personalised IAG and support leads to progression and sustainment of employment, and any other project specific targets, being achieved or exceeded.
The post holder will be responsible for the effective management of external relationships with organisations that that offer a range of complementary services to generate regular referrals to our funded programmes e.g., Jobcentre Plus, Voluntary and Community Organisations, Local Authority teams, etc.
The post holder will be a member of the Senior Management Team and work closely with the Business Development Manager, whose role is to generate work opportunities, and Head of Training, who leads the Training department delivering employer led training to support out of work participants to gain qualifications that support their move into, or back to, work. Working together as a coherent team they will source and upskill the best available talent for live job vacancies and progression opportunities.
The post holder has responsibility for ensuring their team meet the compliance requirements of our funders and in line with the relevant legislation and the requirements of respective contracts and may draw on support from the across the company in order to ensure business objectives are met.
The post holder will contribute to the longevity of the business by identifying and ensuring contract targets are met continuing the profitability of the business and the quality of service provided to both employers and individuals is of the highest standard.
- Effective leadership and management of EAs including coaching, delegating, and managing caseloads to ensure contract targets being achieved or exceeded.
- Devising strategies to best manage funded programmes to ensure high quality delivery.
- Ensuring the team delivers targeted participant engagement and appropriate support to address their needs leading to sustained employment outcomes, meeting or exceeding performance and quality targets.
- Preparing weekly reports across their areas of responsibility against performance and quality targets with the successful implementation of actions to identified areas for improvement.
- Develop, implement, and manage effective processes, systems, and guidance to ensure activities of their team, and of the business, are compliant and of high quality, working closely with the Compliance & Claims Team as required.
- Create and sustain strong stakeholder and partnership relations to facilitate referrals of candidates to our services and identify appropriate business opportunities.
- Ensure that project risks are effectively identified, managed, and communicated, and liaise with the MD and SMT to ensure effective implementation of mitigating actions as appropriate.
- Ensuring a complete record on the Company’s CRM and attachment of all required information and evidential documentation, is delivered to a high standard and be compliant with contract/funder rules, aims and objectives.
- To develop and apply expertise in the requirements of the collection and collation of evidence of programme activity as required by designated contracts and funder audits.
- Monitor assigned project expenditure against defined targets, ensuring agreed levels of profitability achieved.
- Effective Senior Management Team (SMT) collaboration ensuring effective, meaningful, and honest communications at all times assisting in determining the operational direction of funded programmes.
- Support the Business Development Manager with effective matching of candidates for sourced vacancies.
- Support the Head of Training with the enrolment of eligible and suitable participants for learning on our funded adult skills programmes.
- Support other activities of the company as required in order to meet or exceed our performance and quality targets.
- Ensure overall business reputation is maintained and improved through a co-operative, team-working and results-focussed approach which values internal and external customers of our services equally.
- Contribute to the development, efficiency, and profitability of the business by the proactive development and presentation of new ideas for processes, procedures and services.
- Any other duties required which fall within the level and scope of the post.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing funded programme delivery and extensive demonstrable knowledge across various funding streams e.g., DWP, ESFA e.g., AEB, ESF.
- Proven leadership skills in the training and/or employability sectors with a track record of driving outstanding performance.
- Be focused on attracting and retaining top talent and streamlining office operations to maximize quality and efficiency while reducing costs
- Ability to be analytical, knowledgeable, and organised with a proactive attitude and strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to build a rapport and good working relationships
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced business environment.
- A high level of organisational skills and the ability to deal and work with others as part of an extended and multi-disciplined team.
- Proactive and uses initiative to provide innovative solutions.
- Able to effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external parties at all levels.
- Computer literate in all aspects of MS Office and with an aptitude for using computer-based systems and techniques.
- Able to effectively multi-task and prioritise differing workloads independently and as part of a team.
Salary and Benefits
- £28,000 to £32,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5pm – 1 hour for lunch
- Day holiday for Birthday, plus an additional 25 days + stats = 34 days per annum
- Pension Scheme